1 week and 2 days later
So far, nothing to complain about! Events this week:
– Took off the steri-strips. I went to the drug store and bought new ones. The ones made by 3M. They are about 8 bucks for a pack. Good to have in your stash. I put them back on the scars.
– I don’t remember if I mentioned that they said you can’t bathe for 4 days. Ya whatever. I did a spongebath because there’s no way I would survive that. I taped a plastic bag to my stomach and did it that way.
– One morning I woke up at an ungodly hour of 4:30 am and couldn’t go back to bed. I made the mistake of eating left over Quiche at 6am (which didn’t affect me whatsoever the night before). But at about 8 am, I was overcome with the worst nausea I’ve ever experienced. I went back to bed until 11 am and felt better.
– I was feeling adventurous the next day and decided to go to McDonalds and see what awaits. I ordered a hamburger (the small one for kids). BAD IDEA. Bad stomach cramps and the money went down the toilet.
– Other than that, nothing else really to report. I’ve been eating oatmeal for breakfast (the instant kind) and feel pretty good otherwise. The stitches are healing really fast. The only other thing I can complain about is the feeling of someone poking a pencil in and out of your belly button. This is just a feeling and really weird and uncomfortable.