Root Canal / Gum Infection + Some Really Bad Advice
If I can have just one week without some type of appointment involving a person with the DR. designation, that would be a miracle. I started my Monday off yet again making an appointment.
3 years ago, I had a Root Canal. Then a couple months ago, my gum got infected at that very same spot and needed to get gum surgery. I was put on Amoxicillan for 10 days (500 mg / 3x day). This was when I started to get shooting pains in my face, numbness and tingling in my arms, electric shock symptoms. I thought I was having a stroke so I went to the ER. Well, after putting 2 and 2 together, I figured out that my mysterious diagnosis was LYME and I was having a herx from the drug.
So fast forward to now, 2 months later, and that infection has not gone away even after the surgery. So again, this week, I have to haul butt back into the dentist chair and redo it all over again. I can either look at this like “ughh, why does my life suck so much right now.” Or I can say, another process in the treatment to recovery. As most of y’all know, spirochetes can live in our mouths. YUCK!
Highlights for today:
- I am on Day 1 of Plaquenil/Hydroxycholoroquine – only symptoms are my jaw is a bit tight and I have internal buzzing/tremors and mild headache.
- I tried my Infrared Sauna for the first time and LOVE IT! I was in there for 30 min. And guess what, I didn’t feel nauseous. So I can most certainly say that my previous experience was definitely the Milk Thistle which could have been spiked.
After I had breakfast, I wanted to go in the sauna and I knew that was probably a bad idea, so I quickly googled “When to use an Infrared Sauna”.
Here is a snippet of what I found and please I encourage you to laugh.
- Item 1: Please use a dictionary before publishing anything. I had to stare at that word re-read that sentence to figure out what it referred to. Yes I sometimes spell it wrong too with incorrect placement of letters, but hello, half the word is made of the completely WRONG letters.
- Item 2: Why in heaven’s name would someone shave in the sauna?
- Item 3: I don’t see anyone literally running around naked into a sauna. They might walk though. And even then, Infrared Sauna’s are usually private not like a steam sauna?