Nope. No Demonic Possesion Here. Just Boring Old Lyme.
I couldn’t imagine Lyme without Google. Before my diagnosis, here’s what I thought I had (not necessarily in order). Most of my symptoms started off as gastro related.
- Sphinctor of Oddi (when the bile duct has a stone stuck AFTER gallbladder surgery. This I think turned out to be only Rib pain.
- Acid Reflux / GERD (symptom I chased for nearly a year, I even considered Fundoplication)
- MS / ALS
- Bile Reflux
- Brain Tumour
- Bi – Polar
- Benign Positional Vertigo
- Mold Problem in House
- Ventilation Issues in House
- Wrong Prescription Glasses
- My House was Cursed
- Hay Fever
- Demonic Possession – ok this is a far stretch especially given my upbringing and current faith in Christianity, but I was at a point where I seriously thought I was a mental case and that I was being punished for something I did. Of course, I should mention that this thought occurred to me only AFTER watching a scary movie with Anthony Hopkins on demonic possession.