Introducing our Good Friend, Flagyl
My hubby made me gluten free pancakes out of some box and put some mashed bananas in it. I also had maple syrup and beans. (cue gasp)
Ok a little melodramatic, but someone sent this quote to me last year and I couldn’t stop laughing. However it was a nervous semi pretend laugh. Because I was living this statement. As I’m sure you were too.
Highlights of last week:
- I felt pretty darned good minus the frequent morning bathroom trips which I am certain are due to the antibiotics.
- Forgetting to chart my daily symptoms is good because I’ve been feeling so great that I forget about Lyme.
- My ears have this non stop ringing. When there is silence, it’s absolutely deafening. What I noticed is that if I have sound around me, the TV going, the humidifier humming, this breaks that ringing.
- I’ve been doing the sauna for 45 min every other day.
- I ate a couple of skittles here and there.
Highlights of this week:
- Starting Flagyl. This will be pulsed 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. This is the last set of antibiotics to be added. Flagyl is supposed to attack the cyst form of Lyme. I hear that many people cannot tolerate this and some even start with a SLIVER of a pill. So with that said, I’m going to start off with 1/4 of a pill and work my way up to 1. My LLMD even has a disclaimer (see below)
- My birthday is on Wednesday. This means that I will be on the 3rd day of Flagyl which could potentially have catastrophic herx results. This is awesome.
Here are the instructions:
Take with vitamin B6- 50 mg 1 pill twice a day to prevent neuropathy, which can occur while on this medication. It is best, if you are on Doxycycline to try to take this 1 hour before or 2 hours after the Doxycycline. Flagyl does not mix with alcohol and this would include homeopathic and herbal medications with an alcohol base, though some have taken this without a problem. NOTE: If you cannot tolerate the medication for a full 2 weeks, then take every week for 3 consecutive days. If you cannot tolerate this take just 1 a day, If you cannot tolerate this start at 1/4th tablet a day and increase slowly on 3 consecutive days a week.
I welcome any comments about your experience with Flagyl!