Well. Here’s an update but pretty much the same as per the last post. I don’t even know where to begin.
- I started flagyl last week starting at 1/4 pill working my way up to 1 pill by day 5.
- Day 2, I had the worst extreme nausea known to man
- Day 2-5, I was ok. I felt pretty good
- Day 6, nausea again in the morning, fatigued, threw up in evening
- Day 7, Niagara Falls Hemorrhage showed up, nausea in morning, fatigued all day in bed, at night nausea again
- Day 7 – present. Ate practically nothing. Didn’t throw up again but very nauseous on and off with no appetite but still hungry. It was the worst feeling ever stomach wise. Lost another 3 pounds.
- Got concerned and emailed LLMD. Was told to stop the Flagyl and get some Grapefruit Seed Extract (this is apparently the brand that Lyme people use. I found this in Canada) and GSE is supposed to treat the Cyst Form as equal as Flagyl.
- Was told to pulse it as tolerated. It is to be dropped in water or whatever the instructions say.
- I was able to work a little. This morning I had really bad nausea again, but my appetite is slowly coming back. I am also having vertigo issues and burning pain in legs and arms.
- I’m a little upset that I couldn’t tolerate the Flagyl. I don’t like to be defeated like that. I have a pretty strong pain threshold. 5 years ago, I managed to get to 6cm dilated without uttering a peep while waiting for an epidural.
- I’m not sure if what I went through was a herx, or a side effect of Flagyl. Either way, it was not much fun and I don’t want to do that EVER AGAIN.
- My tongue has turned into this reddish, brown, white being, and I am a little concerned. I booked an appointment with my Lyme Homeopath for Monday.
What are your thoughts? Do you think it was a HERX? or a side effect? Also if you have used GSE, please let me know how well it worked for you.
Positive Note: Flagyl was no skin off my back. It cost me $1.11