Almond Milk – easiest recipe ever
Here’s the quick and dirty for making your own Almond Milk. I got to use my new Blendtec Blender and it was spectacular. You literally need 3 ingrediants.
- Soak about 1 cup of raw unbleached almonds in water overnight. Next morning, drain the almonds.
- Put the Almonds in the blender
- Add about 3 cups of water
- Add a sweetener if you want like raw honey or agave nectar (I used 1 tsp)
- Blend the living daylights out of it
- Strain using a cheesecloth or sieve
- The cheesecloth turned out disastrous for me. I made quite a mess. So I used a sieve.
- The picture shown above is double the amount I stated in the recipe.
- If your milk is too thick, add some more water.
- Some like to eat the pulp so you can leave it in your milk without straining it at all.
- 2 cups of the almond milk I just made
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries
- Sweeten with raw honey or agave nectar if you wish